Friday, December 16, 2011

This is way bigger than me...where do I start?

I started my story in another post that I haven't published yet, and and as I was typing away, the memories started flowing.   I then realized that I honestly don't even know how to start this because its way bigger than me.  It never occurred to me that I would learn something amazing about my life.

I quickly realized its not necessary to put my life story in detail to make a point, but as I was typing, I also realized that I was wrong about not having a story that amazes me.  It may not be movie material, but it was an incredible experience for me to go back and read it.  It never occurred to me that my own life is a bit of a surprise.  I never thought it was that big of a deal.

God opened my eyes today as I was recalling my childhood and teen years and up into my twenties.   I was blown away by it.   From the very beginning, my life was full of abuse, drugs, alcohol, and all kinds of sin and I could care less at the time.  Who am I that God would choose to take rotten ol' me by the hand and show me who He is?   ME...the meaningless, unlovable monster I just knew that I was.  And...why wasn't I paying attention to what He was doing.  Why didn't I recognize it?

It seems my little blogging project will be more than I'd bargained for, and I cant wait to get it all out there.

The more I think about it, the more my heart fills with gratitude.   Without Him, I had no chance of surviving.
I'll be on my knees giving thanks tonight...in a whole new way.    

No comments:

Post a Comment