Monday, January 2, 2012

Gratitude for the new year!


Have you ever read a paragraph or heard something that suddenly grabs you and makes you stop and think?
Last night I was reading a book called The Kingdom of God, and came across this statement...

We were all children of wrath before conversion.  God has a way of taming believers.  Something happens in the soul of believers when their dark secrets are exposed.  Often their heart is broken and changed.


That statement rings so true to me that I actually put the book down so I could think about it for a while, and pray about it.  I couldn't even pray...the only words that would come to my mind is Thank you.  There aren't any words that can describe the gratitude I felt.   My heart has changed, and my thought process has changed and I feel so different than I used to.   I'm not sure I ever really realized how "new" I felt until I read that statement.

The "old me" is gone....but she is not forgotten.  One would think I'd want to just forget her and move on with life, but she still has a purpose.  I want to remember who I used to be because this way I can be compassionate and identify with those who are hurting and can't seem to find forgiveness and peace.

I love starting off the new year with a feeling of gratitude.  Thats ALWAYS a good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment