Monday, December 26, 2011

Knowing peace

Its the day after Christmas.  What a wonderful Christmas it was.
I spent the weekend going to church and hanging out with family.  This morning, I have to work while my family sleeps in, and the house is very quiet, and my work phone has rang once over the last few hours.  Its going to be a nice quiet day.
I have a feeling of peace this morning, and once again, I'm in awe over the blessings I have in my life.  I love these moments where its quiet and I can reflect on where God has led me and what He's provided.

He was born a precious little baby...lived a precious sinless life...and yet He was the one nailed to the cross when it should have been me.  He didn't live the rich life of a high priest, a pharisee or a king, but yet He is the only way to the Father, and He is the King of Kings, and the Lord of Lords.

I still feel so humbled by his blessings knowing full well I have led such a sinful life.  How amazing is it that He allows me to feel peace regardless of what I've done and whats going on currently in my life.  I still know that one way or another He will work it out and something good will come of it, and it eases anxiety knowing He's in control.

I always have this feeling of wanting to "pay it forward", and half the time I have no idea what to do.  There are so many people I wish I could just reach out to, and most of them wont listen.

Ephesians 2:10 says:  For we are Gods handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

I want to do His good works, so why don't I even know where to begin?   Why do I feel stalled and insignificant to make a difference for Him?   He reached out and changed me inside and out, and I'd give anything to be able to be a vessel to do that for someone else.  I want people to have what I have...and whats funny is that I used to hear people say those same words, and I'd just roll my eyes.

I know people who have so much heart ache in their lives, and so much drama....and I know others who have it made, and yet seem so ungrateful and unhappy with everything.   They say they believe in God, but I always said that too. The difference is knowing who you are in Him, and knowing what He's already done for you...and as harsh as it can be, sometimes this can only happen when you come face to face with Him and your past and being put in a place where you have no other option but to sit at the foot of the cross and give it all up.  Sometimes answered prayers aren't always easy to receive, and you have to be emotionally naked to receive His healing because you won't listen any other way.

Facing your demons is never easy, and its not something you do just once in your life.  God never promised us an easy life, but He did promise it would be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment