Monday, January 23, 2012

"Those who condemn you are not qualified to do so....


"Those who condemn you are not qualified to do so and the One qualified to condemn does not."   This is a statement by Chuck Swindoll.
How cool is that?  I really like that quote.  It makes me feel like being brave.

I got to thinking about that and how we are so afraid to show our weakness and sin around others because we are afraid of being condemned and judged.   Its so scary to be that vulnerable, but all it takes is one brave soul to step forward and give courage to others.

Yesterday was Sanctification Sunday at our church, and I was so WOWed by the courage of one woman that I'm still moved by it 2 days later.   Our church always encourages women to sign up for this Bible study, but no matter how encouraging they try to be, its still so intimidating to put that foot forward and make it happen.

Even though you know in your mind that Jesus won't condemn you, knowing that others will makes it so hard to take that leap of faith.

But this year...this amazing obedient women got on stage during 4 different services and said "I have been there" ...  can you imagine that?   She gave a voice to all the women who are afraid to come forward.
This ONE woman made all the difference in the world to others.   It just so happens, it was this same woman who went to the leader of our womens ministry and sought help regarding her abortions, and this is the same woman who contacted me and convinced me to sign up for this study.

She was obedient and brave, and as a result, our church now has several willing leaders for this study and many woman have received healing as a result.  This obedience has spread to other churches in our area, and its growing all the time.  All it took was ONE woman...just one.  I want to be like her, and I want a heart like hers.

God moves in the most amazing and unexpected ways and having the opportunities to watch it happen is such a blessing and my faith grows by leaps and bounds every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment